I'm Ian Hogg
I will help you change your business.
I help people plan, execute and realise the benefits of strategic change within their businesses.
I have an insatiable curiosity for how organisations work. I use proven approaches to develop the right plans and outcomes for each project.
I have a particular interest in collaboration within businesses - addressing problems in structure, culture and technology.
I will work with you on a freelance basis, full or part-time. If you have a problem or a project you'd like help with, please arrange an initial discussion.
I have twenty years' experience in management consultancy, mergers and acquisitions and business change. This experience was gained working for IBM, both in the Global Business Services consultancy division and within the Corporate Development M&A group.
As a consultant, I have worked with local UK businesses and global corporations in a variety of industries. These include banking, life and pensions, general insurance, car rental, private equity, and pharmaceuticals.
These industry engagements covered a wide range of business change:
- Mergers & Acquisitions - Advising on strategy, performing due diligence, identifying and defining deal value drivers, structuring deal financials, and programme managing the post-merger integration.
- Business Transformation - Identifying and assessing business change opportunities, developing business cases, and project managing implementation.
- Change Management - Determining the impact of organisational change, developing and implementing a model to manage this - tools, roles, education and stakeholder management.
- Sales and Business Development - Managing complex Requests for Proposal (RFPs), developing the RFP content including commercial models, and negotiating contracts.
- Programme and Project Management - Project management at all levels, from leading complex acquisition integrations, to assessing and improving Programme Management Office (PMO) capabilities.
During this time, I published several articles and white papers, including:
- Smarter restructuring in financial services: lessons from IBM’s experience
- The Five Keys to Smart Restructuring
In addition to client engagements, I led a 300 delegate Technical Conference for 4 years, coordinating speakers, delegates, logistics and on-the-day running.
I have an MBA from Henley Management College, and also attended the University of Edinburgh (BCom Honours Business Studies, 2:1).